8 years ago I stepped onto the campus of Alabama A&M University to get a degree & leave. Who would have thought that a 2-year plan would turn into an amazing 8-year experience? I've been so blessed to meet, work with, mentor, and be mentored by amazing people. I learned so many lessons and received even more blessings on The Hill. From humble beginnings as a graduate assistant to working my way up to being AVP and a member of the President’s Cabinet. As I walk away from a place I've called home I want all of my students to know I love each of you dearly and I’m so happy to have been a part of your collegiate journey.
Before I go I would like to leave you all with some last nuggets of wisdom:
1. Always give glory and honor to God. I mean he is the reason you are here right now.
2. Start with the end in mind. Make a plan and stick to it. 3-5 years max, crush some goals, make some changes, and dip.
3. Never let them see you sweat. Unfortunately, people prey on weakness- don't show them yours.
4. Listen more than you speak & watch your surroundings. Always and I mean always peep game. But be strategic about your response.
5. Don't stay where you're not wanted or appreciated.
6. Money is important but your time and freedom are priceless.
7. Sometimes it's a blessing in the betrayal!
8. Always go in Grace
With that it’s nothing left to say but... Peace Out